JD taught me this skill on the way to Lock Cha Teahouse in Hong Kong Park. Now we live in the Soho part of Sheung Wan, so walking to the station takes about 10 minutes. Today it took 4. And if you think JD and I are the kind of people who waste time standing in front of a map to make sure we're headed in the right direction, sadly you're wrong. On a giant side note, JD is never wrong and you will get cut if you try to tell him otherwise. Don't risk it.
Anyway, if you can do the math, we left home at 10:45am that day and arrived at the door of the Teahouse in Hong Kong Park a few minutes short of 11am. Timeliness is always on the agenda with JD. My legs on the other hand have never worked so hard in their entire existence!
Lock Cha Teahouse is the most exquisite place we went to on our whole trip. I don't know if this is obvious yet but I have a bias towards tea rooms and anything tea related. Hong Kong Park is quite tranquil and I could definitely see myself spending the day there had we not had group work and Flickr albums to complete.
My favourite part of the day was watching the infamous 'Tania vs. Chinese Tea Lady' scene unfold. Tania will have her own feature on my blog where I will digress, but my takeaway from this scene was that you don't mess with Chinese Tea Ladies, especially where there are weapons of mass destruction such as boiling water involved.
Lock Cha also won me over with their completely vegan menu! I can't tell whether this is supposed to come across as 'muchos hipster' or just a reflection of traditional Cantonese food rituals, but in any case I am impressed! Pictured below is my Osmanthus Oolong Tea and a serve of vegan Dim Sum.
#yumyumdimsuminmytum

No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.