Yep, I just quoted Robbie Williams circa '99. Saturday, being our one and only day off, was a beauty. Once again, the sun made itself known and the people of Sheung Wan came out to play. I accidentally walked in the way of a photoshoot on Aberdeen St where the models were vogue-ing with about 4 fluffy caramel dogs (what would I know of canine breeds).
I think we all slumped out of bed at around 11 this morning and took a good hour to decide what we wanted for brunch. Tea was the liquid of choice today, and I squealed internally when I saw that there was Matcha cake on offer. Being a connoisseur of all things green, I concur that this 3 tiered delight was everything I wanted it to be and more. In Sydney, the Matcha craze has not quite caught fire like it has in Asia, partly because in Asia it has been an eternal flame (I could just be boring and say traditional ingredient, but I like using elaborate prose).
The buzzword in our apartment seems to be 'gee-oh-dee', which I now realise is short for Goods Of Desire or 'G.O.D.'. Taking a mindful glance at the shop front, I feel this is an apt description, and I also see why we needed to use up our day-off coupons here. Now to me, G.O.D. is not necessarily the most exciting store to spend hours in, but I was intrigued nonetheless. Everything had a slight up-cycled vibe in this store, some things looked like true vintage, others like they had been made to look sustainable. The prices were steep even for me. Ask the boys, they can already conclude that I have a serious problem.
There were some other really interesting things to see in the PMQ headquarters, such as an exhbition by Sori Yanagi. I don't like taking photos of art exhibitions, mainly because I'm never sure if its appropriate or not. However I found the written component of this exhibition very interesting! See for yourself:
I like point #2, a big red flag to all plastic surgeons and patients alike. Hahaha.....On a more serious note though, point #6 is extremely poignant to us as fledgling designers, especially us fashion design students who mistakenly think commercial and couture are one and the same.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.