So I'm writhing in my seat on the way to Hong Kong, because, well, does anyone ever sit still on a plane? Didn't think so. Anyway, I notice some guy stand up in front of me and he looks a lot like an Avi Bamra who I am friends with on facebook but not yet in real life. I think I spent about 25 minutes asking myself "Do I go and introduce myself? But what if it's not him?!". In the end I decided I was 90% sure it was THE Avi, and 10% sure I was going to startle him. I was 100% right. I got up and walked over to aisle 62 and in my best 'friendly stranger' voice asked, "Are you Avi?". And the poor chap looks up in fright as though I had said something like "you're under arrest". I've never been mistaken for a policewoman before and to this day I do not understand his reaction.
Avi and I get along very well, I think the way people usually describe it is 'cheese and crackers'. However, I can say that Avi is very opinionated and...so am I, so occasionally we get into a bit of a loggerheads situation. This happens on very rare occasions so it's 'no biggie' as they also say.
Take 5 with Avi:
(Avi's own Self Portrait, all rights reserved haha)
Favourite lyric = "Niggas aint robots" - Drake.
Favourite drink = Coconut water.
When I get the midnight munchies = I open up a packet of coconut Oreos.
Best font (or is it Typeface...hmm) = Futura (Avi says Louis Vuitton is in Futura)
Best meal in Hong Kong = the sizzling Pepper Lunch dish Vincent and I got at Food Republic
*DISCLAIMER: I didn't actually interview Avi, I sort of filled in the blanks myself but I know all the answers are on point ;)

No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.