Thursday, June 25, 2015

Wanderlust Wishlist

Mulling over why I decided to travel to Hong Kong for our Interdisciplinary Studio, I thought I may as well start by listing what I want to gain/achieve by the end of the experience.

Here are my goals:

1. Independence - I really feel like becoming a proper adult, and fast. Traveling alone for the first time just had to happen sooner rather than any later. I hope I become more aware of my body language when around others, my use of language, my ability to read others, and of course the most obvious things like learning how the be savvy with money and time management. Actually I'd go as far as to say that savvy is my buzzword for the next two weeks and I have to become savvy in every which way I can. Haha.

2. Empathy - I feel like I can't improve as a human until I've come to understand how others less fortunate than me live, and I want to know what I can do to make better decisions in life that reflect my recent enlightenment of how blessed I am. This is super important, mainly for my conscience.

3. Absorb information like a sponge - to explain this concept in lay man's terms, I want to learn as much as I can from everyone else who embarked on this journey with me. I want to open my mind to their perception of design, their discipline and how I can use this information to inform my practice as a fashion designer. I find sponging creativity from interdisciplinary labs has been the most rewarding and mind-expanding experience for me, so this trip should be no different.

I think 3 umbrella goals is quite enough, for now at least. Now I just have to work towards ticking them off step by step ;)

AlphAna (alpha Ana, or first time travelling alone Ana, or alpha-female Ana because I'm sharing an apartment with 4 males...take your pick)

 (cheesy decor = weakness)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.